Friday, December 28, 2012

Little gift

My girls helped me pick out fabrics so I could make a little purse or bag for their cousin who's two and a half.  I used the April bag pattern found on Sew Mama Sew by Elizabeth from Oh, Fransson!  Except I changed the size because I wanted it to be small, for a little girl.  This is roughly 3/4 of the size of the smaller April bag.  I've made this pattern before three or four times and really like it - especially for quick gifts because there's no notions needed and only a bit of interfacing. 

Here's a few pictures of the finished product, including it being modeled by eager models.



 
The recipient liked it and her new plastic dinosaur fit in it perfectly, with the head and tail able to stick out the sides, so it was a big success!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, the recipient LOVES it! She uses it every day...to carry animals (yes, dinosaur is a frequent flier), wooden food ("groceries"), keys and a phone, water bottles...pretty much anything she can think of! THANK YOU for the thoughtful and beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete